Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Steak

I haven't posted anything in a while because we've been eating left overs and fairly generic recipes. Tonight wasn't much different, but it turned out really well so I figured I would at least tell you about it. Tonight was steak night. My husband LOVES meat, especially beef, and I've been trying to make a really good steak for him for a few years now. We usually season them with Adobo, and they turn out pretty well. Tonight I went back to my "roots". I remember my parents always seasoning steak with salt, pepper, and a slosh or two of soy sauce. So I tried it. I put the steaks in a pyrex dish, put some salt, pepper, and soy sauce on each side, then let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to marinate and warm up. Then I threw them on a grill at about 350 for roughly 6 minutes on each side. (Truth is they were thick cut steaks so they were on longer than 6 minutes) They turned out GOOD though. I let them sit for a few minutes after I got them off the grill, and we had instant loaded mashed potatoes and "Steph" salad with the steak, and it was a very satisfying dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails